Monday, April 10, 2006

Marian Harris for State Representative

Yesterday I mentioned that I had seen Marian Harris at the Subodh Chandra event in Columbus, and that she had a letter to the editor published in the April 8 edition of the Columbus Dispatch. This evening, I received an e-mail from Marian asking me to post a message from her. Remember, this is another Dean-inspired candidate, like Charlie Grapski and Indysteve, and I know we like to take care of our own around here! --Renee



I am running for the 19 House District in Ohio against a 2 term Republican incumbent. I have been active in politics "behind the scenes" for almost 30 years, working for Senator Metzenbaun and Gov. Celeste among others. I could not let any R go unchallenged this year so I became a candidate. I cannot believe how Ohio has deteriorated in the last 12 years - education funding declared unconstitutional 4 times by our Supreme Court and the R legislature does nothing; first in foreclosures and bankruptcies; young people leaving Ohio for greener pastures elsewhere - it's not the Ohio I want my grandchildren to grow up in. So I'm running. Fundraising is the biggest challenge, but it's coming along. I've been endorsed by the Franklin County Democratic Party, the Stonewall Democrats of Central Ohio and Democracy for America (one of 2 central Ohioans so far on their "A" List).

Marian Harris
Candidate for State Representative, 19th HD
www.marianforohio.com
Democracy for Ohio
Democracy for America--Central Ohio

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment