Monday, December 26, 2005

Happy Holiday

Today is the first day of Kwanzaa, but since I know next to nothing about that holiday, I'm not going to attempt to post anything about that. But if you do have something to share--a link, a story, reflection, or tradition, please do so in the comments. Today is also the huge day after Christmas return day, post-Christmas sale day, or, as I like to think of it, the day that Renee stays as far as humanly possible away from shopping malls.

Every now and then I check out the Flying Spaghetti Monster web site, and I had wondered what the "official" FSM winter celebration might be called. Today I found the answer:

A note about the FSM Holiday season. People keep asking me what the FSM winter holiday is called - Ramendan, Pastamas, etc. Clever (not really), but no. Our winter holiday is named "Holiday", and stretches most of December and January. Consider how much our religion has spread over the last couple years; how many schools and businesses refer not to the "Christmas season", but to the pastafarian "Holiday season" instead? - Strong evidence of our rapid growth. A special thanks goes to Walmart, who rejected the Christian phrase "Merry Christmas" in favor of the Pastafarian greeting "Happy Holidays". We appreciate your support.

Finally, I know I posted a lot of comments about all the cookie baking I was trying to get done, so I thought I'd share a picture with you before they are all gone.



Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment