Susan, do I remember correctly that you're in Dayton? The reason I ask, the gang from The Bulwark will be doing a live show there on the Twenty-fifth of this month, all proceeds to go to assist the Haitian community in Springfield. If you're not familiar with The Bulwark, check them out on YouTuve.
While Trump, Ken Paxton, and the rest of the MAGA-Epstein class get ready to hold a Klan rally for oligarchy in downtown Dallas – just a paltry $20,000 a ticket! – Democratic Senate candidate James Talarico is setting an example of what Democratic governance looks like.
He said, I’ll see your 20,000 – and then collected 20,000 pounds of groceries for hungry Texans.
It’s a powerful gesture for many reasons. After decades and decades of Republican rule from top to bottom, Texas has the worst food insecurity in the country, with over 6 million residents —or nearly 1 in 5 people — facing hunger.
While their political leaders gather to entertain the delusions of Donald Trump and tell preposterous, obvious lies about the state of the country, James Talarico is on the ground, facing reality head-on, and showing that something can be done to fix it.
I'm supposed to be tutoring online right now, but the student cancelled. Again. (Third time.) I have spent *hours* training to tutor reading online as a volunteer, and I think the student I was assigned just doesn't want to be there. Anyway, that's how I'm doing today. Think I'll go listen to an audiobook or something. Or watch something funny.
Renee, can you fire this student? By that I mean, isn't there a three strike rule whereby if the student cancels out a certain number of times, like three, they get suspended from the program? Of course, it makes a difference if the student is legitimately sick or just a deadbeat. But there should be some sort of control mechanism, incentive structure, something!
Very pretty!
ReplyDeleteVideo: Anti-Gay Bigot Gets Struck Down by God During Homophobic Tirade - Click
ReplyDeleteSusan, do I remember correctly that you're in Dayton? The reason I ask, the gang from The Bulwark will be doing a live show there on the Twenty-fifth of this month, all proceeds to go to assist the Haitian community in Springfield. If you're not familiar with The Bulwark, check them out on YouTuve.
ReplyDeleteYes, I am in Dayton. A little familiar with the Bulwark but I will not be going to their show, though I thank you for telling me about it. Susan
Deletevia Occupy Democrats:
ReplyDeleteWhile Trump, Ken Paxton, and the rest of the MAGA-Epstein class get ready to hold a Klan rally for oligarchy in downtown Dallas – just a paltry $20,000 a ticket! – Democratic Senate candidate James Talarico is setting an example of what Democratic governance looks like.
He said, I’ll see your 20,000 – and then collected 20,000 pounds of groceries for hungry Texans.
It’s a powerful gesture for many reasons. After decades and decades of Republican rule from top to bottom, Texas has the worst food insecurity in the country, with over 6 million residents —or nearly 1 in 5 people — facing hunger.
While their political leaders gather to entertain the delusions of Donald Trump and tell preposterous, obvious lies about the state of the country, James Talarico is on the ground, facing reality head-on, and showing that something can be done to fix it.
The choice couldn’t be more obvious, Texas!
I'm supposed to be tutoring online right now, but the student cancelled. Again. (Third time.) I have spent *hours* training to tutor reading online as a volunteer, and I think the student I was assigned just doesn't want to be there. Anyway, that's how I'm doing today. Think I'll go listen to an audiobook or something. Or watch something funny.
ReplyDeleteRenee, can you fire this student? By that I mean, isn't there a three strike rule whereby if the student cancels out a certain number of times, like three, they get suspended from the program? Of course, it makes a difference if the student is legitimately sick or just a deadbeat. But there should be some sort of control mechanism, incentive structure, something!
DeleteYou ought to still be paid.
Delete