Saturday, August 01, 2009

Benny the Magic Bunny Lives!

Can't sleep...again. Have the song "Benny the Magic Bunny" stuck in my head. It's one of the songs I danced to in the ballet/tap class I took when I was 5. The last time I got one of these songs in my head, it was "All I want is a happy hippopotomus", and I was disappointed not to be able to find it online--although at least I was reassured that I wasn't imagining things, and such a song did exist.

Benny, Rabbit Magician, by contrast, lives on. And groups of little girls are still doing the same dance moves to the song celebrating this trailblazing role model who was an inspiration to lagomorphs everywhere. They didn't have to settle for being merely props in magic acts. They could be the stars, baby!



Comments

1 comment:

  1. Any idea where I can buy this song? I have looked everywhere. I was so desperate for a copy that I paid 30.00 for a 45 record of it. I can't use the youtube videos because there is applause and laughter on the audio.

    I would just convert the 45 to CD, but the record is full of 'hiss, pop, scratch'.

    Have also been on the dance teacher forums and have left questions on all the youtube 'Benny' videos. No response. Not sold through dance suppliers either. THX!

    ReplyDelete