Saturday, June 27, 2009

I'm home


Didn't really have time to post anything before leaving for the Ohio Episcopal Celebration at Kenyon, but I was sure I'd be able to get online at some point and check in. I was wrong. Once I arrived on campus, my GPS stopped working, as did my phone service/mobile web. Someone mentioned that I might be able to get a temporary account that would allow me to access the college's wireless web, but that too was wrong. I was then told of three local businesses that had wireless hotspots. I was able to get one of them to work, sort of-kind of. Meaning I could sometimes get access on my Blackberry, but never with my laptop.

I enjoyed the conference, but found it disconcerting to be unable to send a simple text message to my husband. And then there's the fact that I couldn't use the evenings, as I had planned, to prepare for the new quarter of teaching (which starts on Monday). But that plan really hinged on my ability to access the internet.

The upshot of all this is that I came home this evening instead of tomorrow morning, and I have to make up for lost hours of course prep, so I don't have time at the moment to share any details about the conference. But I did want to take this opportunity to say where I went, and how it is that I ended up being largely cut off from outside communication. I'd also like to thank Cat and puddle for making sure people could find the new comment threads when they didn't publish automatically.

Oh, and one more thing...

There's no place like home! ;)

Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment