Friday, February 27, 2009

Keeping the Home Fires Burning...


...costs more than it used to!

This photo shows Daughter's new hearth.
That's the very first fire ever in her blueblack Jotul woodstove
upon her new hearth, which she designed herself.
Hubby and I were there while the mason completed the work.

Here in Vermont, yesterday, our propane guy filled our tank again.
We have now received nearly all the fuel we pre-paid for this year.
Since we have very little revenues for more
we are being extra careful to wear slippers and sweaters
and keep the stove off most of the day when possible.

For the last three months our home business
has been running at 25% its usual capacity.
Our business is dependent on new product startups.
We were probably among the first to feel the downturn in the economy,
and we may be among the first to feel it picking up.
So far so good anyway. Stay tuned.


7:45pm:
I spoke too soon, Renee.   And I can't see any of my posts of the last hour.  ~ listener

Comments

9 comments:

  1. puddle ♡

    Annilow ♡

    Susan ♡

    http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=ALLYS

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS is where we're posting, folks,
    until Haloscan sorts itself out. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried to post this on the regular comments thread.

    No luck.

    :wave: Subway

    That is such a hard situation.
    I hope your friend Paul comes through it okay.

    The first hours after a person dies
    are a holy time to sit with the body
    and maybe speak to the soul of the person departing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not now accessable to ordinary readers (I got here via the dashboard, lol! going back and posting this link)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The links you posted were to the haloscan blog/haloscan threads. . .

    Don't know how *you* got here, grin. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wondered about going through the dashboard, but was, uh, not in a very good mood.

    I hope, when the system gets fixed, Renee doesn't end up with dozens of almost duplicate comments from me. She may not, since the system kept telling me that either the comment couldn't be posted or it was a duplicate which the virtuous system wouldn't post.

    Anyway, thanks for posting the link, Puddle. Thanks also for the kind words about that excerpt. I'm glad you liked it. Things are coming together, more or less.

    Subway, sorry you were ill earlier, but glad you're better now. I don't blame your friend for being distraught. I'd be frieked out too with a dead body nearby.

    Nothin' much else to say. Think I'll turn in.

    Good night, friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya, Cat, that was about the rigamarole I was getting, too.

    Glad you got here!

    Sweet dreams. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apologies in advance.

    If the comment thread returns, my firsties is posted like 5 times.

    Not knowing if the posts were taking or not, I revised them hoping I'd see it.

    Please try to save the last firsty rather than the first firstie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please try to save the last firsty rather than the first firstie.


    ROFL!

    ReplyDelete