Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Good Angel



The Rev. Sharon E.  Watkins, preaching at the prayer service on President Obama's first full day as president, urged Obama to "hold your ground."

"We need you to feed the good wolf within you, to listen to the better angels of your nature, and by your example encourage us to do the same," Watkins said.

Renee, it might be time to break out your wolf gravatar again.  

Meanwhile, above is my good angel.  Some of you have seen a photo of it before.
I thought it appropriate today because when this angel was created for me 13 years ago,
as a Christmas present from my family, I named the angel Hopeful.

I got to tell the artisan, Greg Gorman of Lyme NH that the theme I wanted him to work with was that of an angel, by which I meant: "The movement between God and the soul and God."

Sweet to think that movement is Hopeful.
Sweet optimism.
I feel like that today...

H O P E F U L


COMMENTS

No comments:

Post a Comment