Monday, July 21, 2008

Prayer Tower


A few weeks ago there was an article in the print edition of The Other Paper about the Calvary Temple Lighthouse at I-71 and Morse. I've passed it many times, but could never read what the sign said, and I really had no idea what was up with that.

In that article, I learned that the tower was (ahem) "erected" in lieu of a steeple, because steeples are pagan. And phallic.

I held onto the paper, intending to write something about it, but the paper seems to have gone missing. Probably lined Zoe's cage at some point. Too bad, because there was some funny stuff in there about the sailor mannequin's clothes getting blown off in a storm. (Reaffirming my belief that Godde has a sense of humor.)

Here's a mention of the tower in Roadside America.

Haloscan comment thread