Monday, March 24, 2008

This and that

I posted the following over the weekend at My Left Wing...

Since Hillary Clinton has been pushing the idea that she has "crossed the commander-in-chief threshold", I think it's reasonable that we should examine the evidence to see if it supports that assertion. Actually, I believe that the 24-hour news channels should be examining that evidence. But hopefully they'll catch up to speed on that after they squeeze the last few drops of sensationalism out of Rev. Jeremiah Wright's sermons. In the meantime, bloggers are doing what they can to get this story the attention it deserves...

"I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base." --Hillary Clinton, speech at George Washington University, March 17, 2008.
Let's take a peek at this harrowing experience Hillary bravely endured, with the sniper fire and what have you.



Wait a second...that doesn't look nearly as life-threatening as what Hillary described! It's almost like she was exaggerating, or something.

For more, see Hillary in Tuzla: The Tale of Bosnian Sniper Fire (TRAILER) at The Jed Report.
.....
Since the time I posted that diary, the Clinton campaign has apparently said that they may have "misspoke". Carville, tool that he is, has stood by his "Judas" remark. Making Hillary, who, exactly? Sadly, a supporter of Obama brought up "the blue dress", making it even harder to keep any kind of spotlight on offenses committed by the Clinton campaign.

Dammit! Have I mentioned how freaking sick I am of all of this? I want to walls to start oozing stuff that tells Hillary to GET OUT. Wherever she goes.

Bottom line, though, I've had a long day, and need to stay away from the political stuff. So I'm going to post some links about Peeps, and then try to find my happy place, and hang out there for a while.

It's a new movement: Peep art
Columbus Dispatch "Pimp My Peep" contest
Washington Post Peeps Show

Chicago Tribune Peeps Dioramas
Peep Research

Haloscan comment thread