Saturday, March 08, 2008

THE END DOESN'T JUSTIFY THE MEANS

Will Obama's Vow to Fight Clean Hurt Him
Barack Obama's Promise to Take the High Road Could Leave Him With One Hand Tied Behind His Back?


(Photo is from Wikipedia)

I have been thinking about this a lot.

One of the main reasons Obama has my support is that he is taking the high road.
If he stops taking the high road, he will lose my support.
(I don't think that he will.)

But what I have been wondering is why there is such a focus on whether or not a candidate should go negative.
It is said that "Negative attacks work."
It is said as a matter of fact and a matter of course and never questioned.

What I wanna know is:
WHY does it work?
What is it about the American public that allows such crud to have sway?

Y'know what I think it is?
Sports mentality.
All's fair in love and war and sports.

Well, in the wake of so much cheating in sports, and war, and love...
How about this culture begins to admit that it doesn't work?
The end doesn't justify the means.

If people "got" that, then Obama could beat Clinton with one hand tied behind his back.
Remember, we have the power.

Haloscan comment thread