Thursday, January 10, 2008

Stuck in Florida, figuring how to vote.

We know it won't count toward delegates. We know that the ones who pushed this whole primary deal here in Florida are really quite proud of themselves.

It doesn't bother them that the people of Florida don't get a real choice, they only care that the media will cover our state because it is big. It makes it harder here to really care. Besides we know how they tried to discredit the DNC over the primary.

Hubby and I were talking tonight with some friends who were Dean supporters here last primary. They agreed with us how hard it is this time. We were talking about some of the things Howard Dean used to say...and probably will again sometime. Here are a few that impressed me so much.

"Since the time of Thomas Paine and John Adams, our founders implored that we were not to be the new Rome. We are not to conquer and suppress other nations to submit to our will. We were to inspire them. The idea of America using its power solely for its own ends is not consistent with the idealistic moral force the world has known for over two centuries."
Howard Dean

"Every American President must and will take up arms in the defense of our nation. It is a solemn oath that cannot -- and will not -- be compromised.
But there is a fundamental difference between the defense of our nation and the doctrine of preemptive war espoused by this administration. The President's group of narrow-minded ideological advisors are undermining our nation's greatness in the world. They have embraced a form of unilateralism that is even more dangerous than isolationism."
Howard Dean

"At every turn when there has been an imbalance of power, the truth questioned, or our beliefs and values distorted, the change required to restore our nation has always come from the bottom up from our people. "
Howard Dean

"You know, to listen to Senator Lieberman, Senator Kerry, Representative Gephardt, I'm anti-Israel, I'm anti-trade, I'm anti-Medicare and I'm anti-Social Security. I wonder how I ended up in the Democratic Party. I'm not a new entrant to the Democratic Party. I've been here a long time."
Howard Dean

"The State of the Union may look rosy from the White House balcony or the suites of George Bush's wealthiest donors. But hardworking Americans will see through this president's efforts to wrap his radical agenda with a compassionate ribbon. "
Howard Dean

"People have said I'm the candidate of anger. Well, we have a right to be angry. We lost 3 million jobs. We lost our place as the moral leader of the world. "
Howard Dean

"Look, I'm not a perfect person. I have my warts. I sometimes say things that get me in trouble. I wear suits that are cheap. But I say what I think and I believe what I say, and I'm willing to say things that are not popular but ordinary people know are right."
Howard Dean


Amen, Howard Dean. Here's a Howardly for you. Thanks for all your hard work.



Haloscan Comment Thread