Sunday, August 26, 2007

I *hate* it when this happens...

I haven't played The Sims for a while, but decided I could use the diversion last night. So I've got this Sim named Vicki--she's the one with the yellowish diamond, called a "plumbob" over her head. It is a way of indicating which is the "active" Sim, or which one you are currently controlling.

Having just moved into the neighborhood, she's chatting up someone she's just met, trying to make friends. Steps away to order a pizza--because it's not good to let your guests to hungry--only to discover that her visitor has disappeared. At first, I thought maybe she had gone home when I wasn't paying attention. But then I realize that Vicki has a hot tub in her back yard, and that's probably where her guest is right now.

I check the back yard, only to discover that her neighbor has burst into flames



That's a new "feature" with Sims 2 Seasons expansion pack. Sims can get too hot or too cold. And when they say "get too hot", they're not kidding--they actually burst into flames.

Don't you hate it when your visitors spontaneously combust?

If I hadn't been so caught off guard by the whole thing, apparently I could have had Vicki extinguish the fire. But, since I just sat there going "WTF?!", we ended up with a visit from the Grim Reaper. So I went to exit the game, and was prompted, "Do you want to save before quitting?"

Hell, no!

Okay, now *that* part would be nice in real life--if, when you screw up, you could choose not to save this version, and start over again at a pre-screwup point in time.

Haloscan comment thread

No comments:

Post a Comment