Monday, February 12, 2007

Amanda Marcotte resigns from Edwards' blog

Via Pandagon

Regardless, it was creating a situation where I felt that every time I coughed, I was risking the Edwards campaign. No matter what you think about the campaign, I signed on to be a supporter and a tireless employee for them, and if I can’t do the job I was hired to do because Bill Donohue doesn’t have anything better to do with his time than harass me, then I won’t do it. I resigned my position today and they accepted.

There is good news. The main good news is that I don’t have a conflict of interest issue anymore that was preventing me from defending myself against these baseless accusations. So it’s on. The other good news is that the blogosphere has risen as one and protested, loudly, the influence a handful of well-financed right wing shills have on the public discourse.
Click here for the rest.

By the way, I heard of this when someone posted a link to a Kos diary on the subject. So I checked the Edwards blog and found that someone had linked to Pandagon. Required going a bit "out of my way", but as I note at the end of this post, it's something I feel like I have to do.

On a related note, check out this post by lorraine at My Left Wing, entitled "Jesus did not say "Shut your pie hole."
Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment