Friday, January 20, 2006

Friday night frivolity

I feel like it's time for some Friday night downtime. On Wednesday, as the event at the Plumbers and Pipefitters Hall was wrapping up, the discussion turned to the mystique of cat blogging. Whether it might be the key to winning elections. The conversation was obviously very tongue-in-cheek, but it reminded me that *everybody* does cat blogging. So, what could be *our* thing here at HEP?

Maybe we don't need to tie ourselves to any one thing, but I do like the idea of having "playtime" once in a while. We have to be serious so darn much of the time. And, looking through some of the pictures here, I'm reminded that the *incredibly* hard-working man who is the inspiration for this blog is also someone who genuinely knows how to have a good time.


That laugh! It's amazing to me that there are people out there who still think of Howard Dean as being the "angry one", when to me, I think of that head-thrown-back laugh as his trademark expression.

So, sure these are serious times, and there is much work that needs to be done. But we need to recharge too. There are plenty of ways to do that, but plain old silly humor is one of my favorites. And since *this* is what Howard Dean was seen doing the day after he ended his campaign for the presidency


...I feel it's pretty safe to say he approves.

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment