Friday, January 27, 2006

Another filibuster post

Figured this should get some front page attention, so here you go. There is another diary by judybrowni The Fight is On: Hillary, Feinstein, Kerry for FILIBUSTER (ACTION!). If you're following the filibuster issue, you should definitely check it out. I admire judybrowni and her ability to keep writing these action item diaries with her enthusism and optimism unabated.

Can you tell that I'm not "there" as far as the energy and optimism thing?

And this post by John at AMERICAblog--from what I hear, he generally knows what he's talking about--doesn't exactly have me breaking out in a Snoopy dance of optimism.

The Republicans want the Alito vote on Tuesday, conveniently right before the State of the Union.

As for the filibuster, here are my thoughts.

I support a filibuster of Alito IF - IF, IF, IF, IF, IF - the multi-million dollar liberal non-profits and the Democratic and moderate Republican Senators organize a true CAMPAIGN to convince the American public that a filibuster is necessary and good.

To date, I haven't seen that campaign.

So, my question is, who are these groups? It seems like we should be working on *them* as well, and not just on the senators who might not support the filibuster.

More diaries on the subject:
Filibuster Alito by John Kerry
CALL EVAN BAYH NOW! Salazar AND *BOTH* NELSONS TAKING TALLIES ON A-LIE-TO FILIBUSTER! by patriotic liberal
The veto-Alito strategy. Frist must have 60 'Yes' votes by joan reports

Alternate link for comments

No comments:

Post a Comment